We will be available to you, work hard for you, and be fair with you.
Paul Parrish serves clients in insurance coverage claims of all types. Mr. Parrish represents individuals and businesses on the plaintiff side in insurance litigation throughout the state of Florida in both state and federal courts. Mr. Parrish has handled claims involving homeowner’s insurance, commercial property insurance, commercial general liability (CGL) insurance, business owner’s insurance, business interruption insurance, maritime insurance, builder’s risk insurance, director’s and officer’s insurance, liability insurance, health insurance, disability insurance, and life insurance. He also asserts bad faith claims against insurers that do not treat their insureds fairly.
Mr. Parrish has represented clients in short and long term disability insurance litigation for over 30 years in state and federal courts throughout Florida. At one time, Mr. Parrish represented insurance companies and large corporations in this area. For the last 20 years, however, Mr. Parrish has exclusively represented disabled individuals who are seeking their rightful payments.
Mr. Parrish has litigated matters involving ERISA employee welfare and pension plans since his first ERISA case in 1986. He has represented individuals, corporations, insurers, third party administrators, fiduciaries, and Plans in all varieties of ERISA litigation matters. Recently, however, he has focused more on representing individuals who are seeking their rights under ERISA plans. Mr. Parrish also represents clients in litigation involving state and local pensions and benefit plans. Among the matters handled are:
- ERISA disability litigation.
- ERISA health plan litigation.
- ERISA pension litigation, including litigation involving qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, stock options and other executive compensation plans, and fringe and welfare benefit plans.
- Governmental pension litigation, including litigation involving Florida Retirement System (FRS), county, and municipal plans.
- Health care litigation, including wrongful denial of medical insurance/benefits.
Mr. Parrish has conducted admiralty/maritime litigation for over 35 years. Generally speaking, admiralty and maritime matters arise when something happens on the water or involves maritime commerce. Mr. Parrish has represented ship owners, port authorities, insurers, shipyards, cargo owners, ship’s agents, pleasure boat owners, and those injured in maritime locales in admiralty/maritime matters across the state. Among the matters handled are:
· Litigating personal injury and wrongful death litigation.
· Analyzing and litigating marine insurance coverage issues.
· Investigating, preparing, and litigating sea and intermodal cargo claims.
· Responding to, investigating, and litigating maritime casualties.
· Providing advice, investigating and litigating marine salvage, general average, demurrage, limitation of liability, and maritime liens.
· Preparing and litigating claims related to ship repair.
· Drafting and negotiating charter parties, concession agreements, and terminal agreements.
· Litigating matters involving pleasure boat incidents and injuries.
· Responding to pollution and natural resource damage incidents and litigating resulting claims and enforcement issues.
· Responding to shipboard casualties and litigating resulting claims.
· Advising and assisting in compliance with international laws, treaties, and trade agreements.
· Advising and assisting with immigration issues including, stowaways, fugitives, and fines and penalties.
· Providing representation before regulatory agencies and administrative bodies.
· Advising on the sale, financing of U.S./foreign flag vessels, and state documentation and registration of vessels.
· Advising and assisting vessel owners regarding flag state, classification society, and regulatory agency compliance.
Mr. Parrish also serves clients in general litigation matters of all types. He has represented clients in everything from breach of contracts, dog bites to landlord-tenant disputes to stolen palm trees. He does not generally do personal injury, employment, or family/divorce litigation, but does review and advise on the insurance coverage available for those types of matters. If he feels that he is not the right attorney for your matter, he will give you the names of attorneys who would be a better fit.
Parrish Law, P.A.
Copyright © 2020 Parrish Law, P.A. - All Rights Reserved.
Designed By Luis M. Perez